At the Center for Dermatology and Dermatologic Surgery, patients in Washington, D.C. and Annapolis, MD. are welcome to visit Dr. Cheryl Burgess to learn about dermatology services available for treating aging skin. Her practice helps individuals with general, cosmetic and medical dermatology solutions that are tailored to each patient’s unique needs. If you have been considering working with a professional to improve your skin and address the fine lines and wrinkles that come with aging, we welcome you to our practice.
Services available at our practice
Our facility has some of the most advanced technologies and effective treatments that can be used to help patients look and feel their best. For patients who are seeking solutions to aging skin, we may make recommendations such as the following:
- Neuromodulators – one of the popular options for our patients seeking reduction of fine lines, wrinkles and folds is neuromodulators. These are medications that are injected into specific muscles of the face to reduce dynamic wrinkles. Neuromodulators that are commonly requested include Botox, Dysport and Xeomin. They provide many months of improvement and are typically used on areas such as the forehead folds, glabellar lines and crow’s feet.
- Soft tissue fillers – another solution is soft tissue fillers, sometimes known as dermal fillers. These injectables are gels formulated with hyaluronic acid, an element that is naturally occurring in the skin and attracts water molecules. By injecting these gels directly into wrinkles and folds, patients can achieve smoother skin.
- Skin tightening – with today’s technology, patients can enjoy the benefits of less invasive treatments for the reduction of wrinkles and fine lines. In many cases, the development of aging skin is caused by the reduction of collagen and elastin in the skin. They add firmness and volume that is associated with a more youthful appearance. Infini skin tightening is a radiofrequency device that is administered to the facial area and penetrates the skin with microneedles to help in stimulating the body’s natural production of collagen due to the healing process that is triggered. Patients will notice their skin tightening over the course of several weeks and months, which results in the appearance of less wrinkles and folds. Infini skin tightening can be done in conjunction with other services such as cosmetic injectables.
- Laser therapies – technology also provides patients a way of improving fine lines and wrinkles with laser therapies. With the use of specialized laser devices, patients can resurface their skin, reducing the look of wrinkles and helping tighten and tone problem areas. Laser therapies are completely safe, as we utilize a line of FDA-cleared devices to improve the skin in the areas of concern. Laser therapies are also available in conjunction with injectables and other products to provide a more noticeable change in the skin’s texture and tone.
- Anti-aging products – we offer a wide selection of creams and topicals that can be used daily to hydrate the skin and help in reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles that are associated with aging. Many of these products are great for using between dermatological treatments to maintain results.
- Microneedling – by using a special device that pricks the skin, our dermatologist is able to stimulate the body’s natural healing process to rejuvenate the skin’s texture and tone. This treatment is well-tolerated by our patients and is an affordable and low-tech way to get amazing results.
- Chemical peels – chemical peels use a combination of special acids tailored to the needs of the patient to help in skin cell turnover. These treatments can be as superficial or as aggressive as patients desire in order to improve their skin quickly and affordably.
Which treatment is right for me?
During an initial consultation appointment, our dermatologist will evaluate the patient’s skin and speak to them about the specific areas of concern that they would like to treat. By using one or a combination, of treatments listed above, patients can start to turn back the hands of time and improve their appearance without having to undergo plastic surgery.
Ready to find out if you are a candidate for anti-aging treatments?
Call the Washington, DC area practice at 2311 M Street NW, Ste. #504 and educate yourself further on the advantages of anti-aging treatments and therapies available. The front office team can be reached at (410) 224 1195
and can help you in scheduling a visit to discuss your options.