Annapolis area dermatologist describes the benefits of Botox®
Botox® is a neuromodulator that has been used for years for cosmetic enhancement of the face. Patients who are unhappy with frown wrinkles that have developed on their face may want to speak to a professional such as Dr. Cheryl Burgess and the team of Center for Dermatology and Dermatologic Surgery about the benefits of using Botox® injections to turn back the hands of time.
Botox® is a wonderful anti-aging solution for patients who do not want to undergo a more invasive procedure. These have many disadvantages including weeks of downtime and healing, medical risks, and expense. Invasive procedures should only be done in cases where the signs of aging and sagging of the skin are rather severe. This is where Botox® comes in-it can assist those who have mild to moderate signs of aging in reducing the appearance of the fine lines and wrinkles that bother them.
There are many benefits of Botox®:
- Botox® is FDA-approved for the use of cosmetic enhancement
- Botox® is completely safe
- Botox® has few and mild side effects
- Botox® is extremely affordable
- Botox® can be done in just one appointment with results showing in a week or two
- Botox® is relatively long-lasting with reinjections needed approximately every four months
- Botox® does not require any downtime or recovery
- Botox® can be used on patients 18 or older
- Botox® can be used with other injectables such as collagen stimulators and dermal fillers
- Botox® injections are virtually painless
If you believe Botox® may be right for you, contact Dr. Cheryl Burgess of the Center for Dermatology and Dermatologic Surgery today to schedule a consultation visit with our team. We can help you decide if Botox® or any other injectable treatment is appropriate for your specific needs and can assist in finding ways to turn back the hands of time without the use of plastic surgery. With the assistance of a board certified dermatologist, you know you are in the right hands!