Having a board certified dermatologist in the Annapolis area who provides medical skin care treatments for new and existing patients is one way to ensure the health and wellness of one’s skin and body. When patients visit with Dr. Cheryl Burgess of the Center for Dermatology and Dermatologic Surgery, they are introduced to a wide range of medical and aesthetic skin care solutions available for them to consider.
There are many conditions of the skin, hair, nails and body that are addressed by Dr. Cheryl Burgess and her dermatological team in their state-of-the-art facility:
- Acne and acne scars—one of the most common reasons patients visit a dermatologist and a condition with many solutions available
- Rosacea—redness and flushing of the skin
- Eczema—itchy, red and inflamed skin which may be a result of a severe allergy
- Skin cancer—cancerous skin cells which should be removed to eliminate the chance of cancer spreading to other parts of the body
- Pseudofolliculitis—also known as ingrown hairs, these can be painful and result in an infection if not handled appropriately
- Psoriasis—white, scaly skin which can flare up due to environmental changes
- Skin allergies—allergic reactions can result in itching and rashes and can be treated with topical creams while also avoiding the allergen itself
- Moles, birthmarks, cysts and skin tags—these can be examined for cancerous skin cells and in many cases can be easily excised
- Vitiligo—this condition results in white patches that can affect any part of the body
- Hyperhidrosis—excessive sweating can affect one’s self-confidence and wellbeing
Each of these conditions can be diagnosed and treated at the Center for Dermatology and Dermatologic Surgery, though treatment varies depending on the needs of the patient, the condition and the severity of the problem. Some skin conditions may have several solutions and patients can work with Dr. Cheryl Burgess to determine which one best suits their specific needs and may provide the best possible outcome.
Share this Article