Scalp micropigmentation can be an effective treatment for thinning hair in Washington, DC
Dr. Cheryl Burgess of Washington, DC is an experienced, Board-certified dermatologist who has a wide selection of treatments for patients who are dealing with hair thinning. One solution she may recommend to patients is scalp micropigmentation.
What is scalp micropigmentation?
Scalp micropigmentation is a non-surgical solution for men who are dealing with hair thinning and loss.It can also be used for females with thinning areas of hair on their scalp. The process is essentially a specialized type of medical hairline tattoo that is completed on the scalp to give the appearance of real hair follicles in the treatment area. Scalp micropigmentation uses natural pigmentation and safe, effective application methods. The results? A younger, more confident patient with a natural-looking hairline and scalp.
The process of scalp pigmentation
- Patients start the process with a consultation appointment at the Center for Dermatology and Dermatological Surgery. Our dermatologist will determine whether this or another solution may be best for a patient and discuss specific options available.
- Patients schedule their first appointment during which the doctor creates the initial hairline if needed and administers the first fill.
- During the next appointment, fill and texture are added to the treatment area.
- Sometimes, a third appointment is needed to perfect the appearance of the hairline and scalp for a natural look.
- Patients follow their aftercare instructions.
Schedule an appointment
Patients in and around the area of Washington, DC seeking treatment for thinning hair can work with a Board-certified dermatologist to determine the best options for them. Dr. Cheryl Burgess and the staff of the Center for Dermatology and Dermatological Surgery has an office located at 2311 M Street, NW, Suite #504 that can be reached by phone at 202.955.5757 for an appointment. She also has a second location in Annapolis, MD at 167-W Jennifer Road, 410.224.1195. Patients seeking cosmetic, medical, or laser dermatology are welcome to schedule a visit at either location.
Back to Home Page