Dermatologist in DC offers makeup tips
Dr. Cheryl Burgess and her team of professional makeup artists at the Center for Dermatology and Dermatologic Surgery encourage patients in and around the Washington, DC area to enjoy the benefits that cosmetics can provide. Knowing some common tips from the professionals can greatly improve application techniques. Below are some common tips that patients should know in order to ensure their makeup looks natural and beautiful every time!
- When putting on powder foundation, use a brush for even coverage. Sheer coverage with liquid foundation can be achieved by using the foundation brush and blending in a small amount until coverage is as desired.
- Use foundation as a base on the eyelids for eyeshadow. This can keep it from creasing later in the day.
- Bronzer can be used to add a little bit of color to the skin and ensure it does not look pale or washed out. It can be used as a blush on the apples of the cheeks and can be utilized for proper contouring techniques.
- To get even coverage of the lashes with mascara, it is essential to start at the base of the lashes and then wiggle the brush in a zigzag motion as you cover the lashes upward. This can help in reducing clumps and getting mascara on every lash without fail.
- Do not over pluck the eyebrows. Patients want to achieve a groomed look but this doesn’t mean removing them entirely. Our makeup artists can walk patients through the best way to achieve the right look for their face shape and the natural shape of their brows.
- Work with our team to find the best color palate for your natural look. Some colors are not appropriate for certain skin tones and eye colors, so discussing color options with our makeup artists is the best way to create a custom palate of eye shadows, eyeliners, mascaras, foundation, blushes, and lipsticks that are perfect and complimentary.