Patients living in 21401 ask, “When should I see a dermatologist?”
Your skin is constantly exposed to elements and potentially damaging toxins. As a result, skin problems are common and can range from minor to potentially life threatening. It can be hard to discern whether or not your skin condition is something that will heal on its own or if you need to schedule an appointment with Dr. Cheryl Burgess.
As a rule, most skin irritations should be evaluated by a professional dermatologist. Your skin is delicate, and even a minor problem such as an allergic reaction can benefit from a trip to the doctor. Many times, serious skin conditions develop after mild initial symptoms.
Because patients often tell us that they were unsure of whether or not they should come in for an appointment, we’ve come up with a list of some of the most seen skin problems here at Center for Dermatology and Dermatologic Surgery.
- Eczema – Eczema is a broad term for a variety of persistent skin conditions that can produce swelling, itching, crusting, flaking, blistering, oozing, and bleeding.
- Rosacea – Rosacea is a skin disease characterized by redness and pimples on the chin, cheeks, nose, and forehead. It can cause outbreaks that look like acne or cause burning and soreness in the eyes.
- Cysts – Many conditions can produce lumps, bumps, or cysts on the skin. Some of the most common ones are skin cysts, dermatofibromas, epidermoid cysts, folliculitis, or lipomas.
- Acne – Acne can come in the form of whiteheads, blackheads, or even cysts.
- Psoriasis – A chronic skin condition, characterized by thick, white, silvery, or red patches of skin. Affected areas may bleed easily when scratched.
If you are experiencing any of the above symptoms, call our office to schedule an appointment with Dr. Burgess. This is just a small portion of the conditions we treat at Center for Dermatology and Dermatologic Surgery. If you have any concerns about an area of skin, or want to learn more about anti-aging procedures, call us today to set up a consultation. Dr. Burgess and her team are here to answer your question and help you achieve healthy and radiant skin.Back to Home Page