Are you a good candidate for wrinkle fillers in Annapolis?Posted By Dr. Cheryl M. Burgess
The youthful face is one on which we see firm, smooth skin and soft contours. The hands of time, working gradually over years, eventually leave their mark, replacing softness with sagging skin, fine lines, and wrinkles. The appearance of the skin is indicative of age. Lines and sagginess can give the impression of age beyond your years, and may make you look unhappy or tired. Fortunately, there is a comprehensive suite of services available from your dermatologist. Among the most powerful wrinkle fighters are dermal fillers, which Dr. Burgess offers in our Annapolis dermatology practice.
Aging and the skinThere are multiple factors that lead to an aged appearance on the face. These include loss of natural hydration in the skin, loss of subcutaneous tissues, textural changes, and decreased collagen. Most significant to the facial appearance is the loss of volume, which we lose at a rate of at least one teaspoon per year. The underlying structure of the face diminishes with time, as fat and bone mass decrease with age. At the same time, the decreased production of vital substances such as hyaluronic acid and collagen lead to the thinning of skin. This combination of biochemical changes in the body has a dramatic impact on the face, which begins to develop sagginess, wrinkles, and folds in the skin.
Replacing what has been lost to timeFor decades, the only way to turn back the hands of time was to go to a skilled plastic surgeon. Through the surgical facelift procedure, excess skin is cut away. This treatment may make the face look tighter, but it does not necessarily lead to improvement in facial contours. Many people prefer to avoid surgical procedures and their associated recovery, particularly when the skin is only moderately affected by age.
With the innovative scientific advances that have brought us dermal fillers and Botox, there are new solutions to the problem of aging. Dr. Burgess is experienced with various products, all of which have their own advantages. Using dermal fillers, she can help you reduce the appearance of fine lines, and improve your facial contours. Specialized products may be used for:
- Marionette lines
- Nasolabial folds, also called smile lines
- Sagging skin
- Drooping jowls
- Wrinkles around the mouth
- Cheek or lip augmentation
- Under-eye bags
You deserve to feel great about your skin, regardless of your age or lifestyle. We can help you address the issue of aging skin. Contact our office today for your anti-aging consultation.
- Washington, DC area dermatologist discusses the expectations of Restylane injections
- Washington, DC area patients can enjoy Restylane treatment
- Dermatologist in Washington describes Belotero Balance as an alternative to collagen injection treatments for etched in lines
- Annapolis dermatologist describes dermal fillers
- Patients in the Annapolis area can enjoy Juvéderm treatment to enhance aging skin
- What can Washington area patients expect before and after Restylane injections?
- Can Washington area patients use Juvederm for frown lines?
- Are you a good candidate for wrinkle fillers in Annapolis?
Meet Dr. Burgess
Before & After Gallery
News & Events